How to care for precious metals
• Remove jewellery when bathing or swimming.
• You can clean precious metals such as gold and silver with warm soapy water and a soft brush. Make sure the brush is very soft otherwise it can cause scratches. Use a soft cloth to dry and buff your jewellery once it’s cleaned.
• Afterwards, polish with a jewellery polishing cloth for smooth surfaces. Avoid using tissue or paper towels as they can cause scratches.
• Rubbing alcohol can also bring back the shine but avoid using bleach as this can destroy the metal.
• Store your jewellery safely and ideally away from air (to prevent tarnishing), preferably in the original box.
• Do not store your jewellery inside leather as this can tarnish the metal.
The benefits of precious metals:
Characterised by their lustrous finish, jewellery made from precious metals such as gold and silver can last a lifetime if cared for correctly. They are also corrosion proof and extremely hardwearing, making them perfect for everyday wear.