How to wash and care for merino wool
• To wash merino wool, machine wash at 30ºC with a low spin.
• Using a wool detergent will help merino last longer. Avoid using fabric softener, which coats the fibres and make them less breathable.
• Hang merino wool to air dry and reshape while damp. The heat from tumble driers can cause fibres to shrink.
• Pilling will occur naturally with wear. This can be easily remedied with use of a pilling comb or a fabric shaver.
• Don’t forget to protect your merino from moths!
The benefits of merino:
Merino is a wool that comes from the Merino sheep, an ancient breed that survives harsh winters and warm summers thanks to its cosy fleece. The fibres have a wavelike structure which makes them resilient and allows merino garments to maintain their shape. Merino is lighter than other wools yet still warm, making it an ideal layer.